Facebook Linkedin Twitter

Camellia Garden

Latitude: 41.159336
Longitude: -8.655614

Prior to the project for Serralves Villa and Park, this garden, which now stretches east of the Chapel, formed an integral part of the Count of Vizela’s family estate.

The surviving remnants of the original structure include an irrigation tank and a notable series of century-old Camellia trees, whose only comparable species can be found in the Grove.

The Camellia trees, together with the Norfolk Island pines (araucaria) in the centre of this garden, were included within the 1932 project for the Park. The trees are now some of the oldest and most significant elements of Serralves Park, and when in bloom provide an unexpected palette of colours and diversity to the winter landscape.


« return


Support this project.
Become a member.


Rua D. João de Castro, 210
4150-417 Porto Portugal
41º 9'35.40"N
8º39'35.35ºW
Serralves