"10 CONVERSATIONS TO BUILD FUTURE THINKING"
Thematic course on Contemporary Art
Horário: 19h00 às 20h30
Tickets: PVP: 270,00€ / PVP Amigo de Serralves and Students 243,00€
The temporary exhibitions and the collection of the Museum of Contemporary Art (MAC) of the Serralves Foundation will be the raw material for the construction of a critical thinking about modern and contemporary Portuguese and international art.
It is therefore proposed in each class/conversation, and through some of the temporary exhibitions that took place at the House and at the MAC of Serralves, to look at and study some of the most important artists in the history of modern and contemporary art, Portuguese and foreign. Above all, this is a free course on the History of Culture through the visual arts.
Throughout the various sessions we will draw a pictorial and reflective path through the Museum's heritage and create a network between thoughts, historical facts and affections.
Above all, the aim is to involve the community and create "Ambassadors" to publicise and promote the museum's collection.
The museum - a museum of contemporary art - will be the motto of the first class as well as of the tenth and last class. We open the course with a brief history of the art museum throughout the twentieth century and the Portuguese artistic situation of the seventies of the twentieth century that led to the opening of the Serralves Foundation, and we end the course with a discussion of the idea of the museum as a laboratory of the arts and creative support for artistic proposals.
07 SEP 2023 (THU) - MUSEUM = WORK // SERRALVES
14 SEP 2023 (THU) - COLLECTION = ARTISTS // WORKS = SERRALVES 1999 - 2021
21 SEP 2023 (THU) - WOMEN ARTISTS AND THEIR CONTRIBUTION TO THE ART WORLD
28 SEP 2023 (THU) - MALE ARTISTS AND THEIR CONTRIBUTION TO THE ART WORLD
12 OCT 2023 (THU) - ART IN BERLIN IN THE 20TH CENTURY
19 OCT 2023 (THU) - 1980S - THE LOOK OF ULRICH LOOCK
26 OCT 2023 (THU) - SERRALVES FOUNDATION TRAVELLING EXHIBITION CATALOGUE
02 NOV 2023 (THU) - JOAN MIRÓ - COLLECTION
09 NOV 2023 (THU) - SERRALVES PARK = MUSEOGRAPHIC SETTING
16 NOV 2023 (THU) - SERRALVES MUSEUM // LABORATORY // STAGE
REGISTRATION AND USEFUL INFORMATION
- By ATM reference, send registration details (full name, address, telephone contact and VAT number) by email to email@example.com and a reference will be created;
- At the reception of the Museum.
- For unforeseen reasons, the programme may be subject to calendar changes.
- The course requires a minimum number of participants to enrol.
- Certificate of participation (per session or in full).
- Refunds will only be made if the withdrawal occurs at least 5 working days before the course start date.
- Refunds will be made within 15 days after the participant sends the original receipt and iban.
Enrolment is only valid after receipt of proof of payment.